get the perfect Landlord Insurance with Flood Cover protection, today!

Click here to compare quotes with the right landlord flood insurers who can help you with all your needs, today.

 Cover assets in high-risk flood areas
✓ One block-policy you can manage online
Multi-property discounts available
The only service you'll ever need

Compare landlord insurance quotes

Why Use Us?



UKLI COMPARE guarantee your confidence when shopping online by following the latest internet security standards.



At UKLI COMPARE, we've thousands of happy customers returning to find great deals - since 2011.



Using the services here on our website is always free to the consumer 100%.


solar panel quotes

Get your quotes by filling in one simple form, compare prices, and start saving.

Why Use Us?


Secure & Encrypted Form Data

UKLI COMPARE guarantee your confidence by securing online forms by following the latest internet security standards.


Happy Returning Customers

At UKLI COMPARE, we've thousands of happy customers returning to find great deals - since 2011.


100% Free Comparison Service

Using the services here on our website is always free to the consumer 100%.

solar panel quotes

You Could Save Time and Money

Get your quotes by filling in one simple form, compare prices, and start saving.

landlord Insurance with flood cover

Get proper landlord insurance with flood cover

When it comes to landlord flood insurance, it's critical to have enough flood cover to ensure you're financially protected regardless of really bad water damage.

  • Speaking of losses, floods have become a common risk to properties across the country.

  • And, despite being fairly extensive, standard landlord insurance policies rarely cover damages caused due to floods.

  • This is because such damages can be very extensive and costly to fix.

  • In that case, you'll have to purchase landlord insurance with an additional flood cover.

  • This will protect you and your investment in case of a flood from really bad weather resulting in too much rain, storm damage and lighting, broken levees or dams, or heavy snow damage.

Who needs landlord insurance with flood cover?


This includes properties located near coastlines and rivers.

Low valley areas are also at risk of flooding.

  1. These areas often have a compulsory flood insurance requirement set by mortgage lenders or the government.

  2. According to the government environmental agency website, some areas of London pose a high risk of flooding, so does Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Leeds, and Sheffield.

Moderate-risk flood areas

These are areas with a 0.2% annual chance of flooding.

Even so, statistics show that about a quarter of flood insurance claims come from these areas.

Minimal-risk flood areas

Before you start thinking that you don't need landlord flood insurance because your rental properties aren't in high-risk areas.

Keep in mind that floods and flash floods usually strike without warning.

If recent times are anything to go by, even properties outside the high-risk areas are prone to the wrath of Mother Nature.

  1. Did you know that over 5 million people live in high-risk flood areas in England and Wales? This goes to show you just how many properties are at risk of flooding.

  2. Statistics show that 40% of landlords don't survive after flooding because they can't afford to recover from flood damages, given how substantial and costly they can be.

What does typical flood insurance cover?


Your Building

When you take out landlord insurance with flood cover, it will pay for any damages to your building caused by flooding. And even cover the cost of replacing the entire building in the event of a total loss due to flooding.

Your Contents

In addition to the physical structure, this policy will repair or replace the furniture, fixtures, fittings, and other valuables in your rental houses damaged after a flood.

Alternative Accommodation

If your property becomes uninhabitable following flooding, the insurance company will cover the cost of alternative accommodation for your tenants during renovations.

You'll find that work can take weeks, or even months to begin as the water needs to first settle down. Imagine how much you'd have to spend out of your pocket to provide your tenants with alternative accommodation if you don't have landlord flood insurance.

Other coverage options include the cost of removing debris, as well as professional fees such as surveyors, solicitors, and architects.

Safety and Home Security Tips


As mentioned earlier, flood damages can be quite substantial.

Here's a guide to help keep your building and contents safer before and after a flood:

  • Let the tenants know if a flood is coming so they can switch off the gas and electricity supply to keep everyone safe from electrocution. They must also keep their houses locked to keep it as secure as possible from floods.

  • Prevent damage to electrical items by keeping them in heavy-duty sealable bags

  • Roll up the rugs and carpets if you can?

  • Move your vehicle(s) to a place where water can't get to

  • Move anything valuable upstairs

  • Keep sandbags close to use them for air vents in the outside lower areas of the property

  • Note that after flooding, the building may be structurally uninhabitable and unsafe for you or the tenant to enter.

Do You Know?

  • Do you know in 2012 there was a record, yes it was the wettest year ever recorded?

  • It costs insurance companies round £1.1 billion to fix flooding repairs in England, we are not sure about Scotland as not report has been done.

  • Do you know that you are more likely to get flooded than burgled here in Britain?

  • Do you know that flash floods can bring walls of water from 10 to 20 feet high and wipe out houses in seconds?

  • Only 41% of people eligible for free flood warnings are registered with their local council to receive them by email or letter.

  • Do you know 40% of businesses do not reopen after flooding because they just can’t afford to continue business?

Compare Landlord Insurance with Flood Cover including in the policy

You can use the free landlord insurance comparison form, it compares top rated companies, which cover for flooding and building damage.

Click here for a cheaper landlord insurance policy with flood cover included.

More on water damage landlord insurance here.

Buy To Let Insurance

Landlords Insurance Comparison

Hit us up on Social media

Recent Articles

  1. Commercial Solar Panel Installers Scotland | Get Local Quotes

    Feb 26, 24 12:05 PM

    Commercial solar panel installers Scotland | Get the helping hand you need from starting your solar installation right through to the finished result and...

    Read More

  2. Solar Panels for Business & Solar for Business Quotes | UKLI Compare

    Feb 24, 24 08:56 AM

    Get information on solar panels for business and know the score and get local business solar quotes near your business.

    Read More

  3. Solar Panels | Cost of Installation And Savings | UKLI Compare

    Jan 31, 24 03:19 PM

    solar panels
    Learn about solar panels and what they can do for your house or business as renewable energy replacement. And if you need a quote on solar panel installation you can do that here to.

    Read More

  4. Compare Landlord Insurance Quotes - Save Time & Money | UKLI Compare

    Dec 22, 23 10:04 AM

    Compare landlord insurance quotes and adequately cover your assets with buildings and contents insurance, or add extra landlord protection.

    Read More

  5. HGV Insurance for 18 Year Olds | Compare Quotes | UKLI Compare

    Dec 21, 23 05:06 PM

    If you are looking for HGV insurance for 18 year olds it might be a difficult if you don't ask the company. Compare quotes and find out...

    Read More

  6. Commercial Solar Panels | UK's Best Business Solar 2023 | UKLI Compare

    Dec 09, 23 05:14 PM

    Commercial Solar installation
    Commercial solar panels are the efficient way to save your business money from one long-term cost and the government offers tax benefits. Compare quotes with us today and...

    Read More

  7. Commercial Solar Installation London | UKLI Compare Solar

    Nov 09, 23 11:46 AM

    Solar London
    Compare quotes on commercial solar installation in London and get the best possible price and a cost breakdown before you even start talking to serious installers wherever you live in London.

    Read More

  8. Commercial Solar Panels (11-50kw) Systems | UKLI Compare

    Oct 31, 23 10:23 AM

    Commercial solar panels from 11kw 50kw for business premises

    Read More

  9. Landlord Insurance for DSS Tenants | UKLI Compare

    Oct 31, 23 05:13 AM

    Landlord insurance for DSS tenants need certain cover and your luck to had the expert here waiting to help you. Compare quotes and...

    Read More


    Oct 30, 23 08:21 AM


    Read More

  11. Grants for Commercial Solar Panels | UKLI Compare

    Oct 28, 23 06:36 AM

    grants for commercial solar panels
    Here is a detailed guide on grants for commercial solar panels for your small, medium or large business in the UK and...

    Read More

  12. Commercial Solar Quotes | 51kw+

    Oct 27, 23 09:12 AM

    Commercial Solar Quotes | 51kw+

    Read More

  13. Commercial Solar Quotes | 4kw - 10kw

    Oct 27, 23 09:10 AM

    Commercial Solar Quotes | 4kw - 10kw

    Read More

  14. Commercial Solar Quotes | UKLI Compare

    Oct 27, 23 09:01 AM

    Get Commercial Solar Quotes from Local Solar Installers

    Read More

  15. Solar Panel Installation Quote | UKLI Compare

    Oct 26, 23 11:18 AM

    Get your solar panel installation quote from vetting and local installers who can get the job done in smart time and make sure that your a happy chappy.

    Read More

  16. Solar Panel Installation | Home & Commercial Installs | UKLI Compare

    Oct 26, 23 11:03 AM

    Compare solar panel installation quotes and get the best possible price and quality installation practices with the right installers you can count on and...

    Read More

  17. Fleet Insurance Providers | Get The Right Quotes | UKLI Compare

    Oct 26, 23 05:48 AM

    fleet insurance providers

    Read More

  18. Fleet Insurance 21+ Drivers | Get Quotes at UKLI Compare

    Oct 25, 23 07:29 AM

    Calling all business owners with young drivers and need fleet insurance for 21+ employees and...

    Read More

  19. Fleet Insurance 18+ | Fleet Insurance 18 Year Old's | UKLI Compare

    Oct 25, 23 05:47 AM

    Compare fleet insurance 18+ and make it easier for fleet insurance for 18 year old driver's within your business and...

    Read More

  20. Fleet Insurance Birmingham | Compare Quotes | UKLI Compare

    Oct 24, 23 01:25 PM

    When you need fleet insurance in Birmingham and want to save some money for family fleet insurance and even business vehicles you're in the right place for...

    Read More

  21. Fleet Insurance How Does It Work? | UKLI Compare

    Oct 24, 23 12:49 PM

    Question? Fleet insurance how does it work? Let's find out business owners with multiple vehicles and...

    Read More

  22. Fleet Insurance for Business | New or Existing Business | UKLI Compare

    Oct 24, 23 10:22 AM

    Come on in and get brilliant quotes on fleet insurance for business use for all your vehicle requirements, including cars, vans, taxis, HGV's and bike...

    Read More

  23. Student Landlord Insurance - Get Expert Help Here | UKLI Compare

    Oct 24, 23 09:41 AM

    Compare student landlord insurance or student let insurance for tenants and save yourself the bother going...

    Read More

  24. Taxi Fleet Insurance for New Business | UKLI Compare

    Oct 23, 23 10:14 AM

    Compare taxi fleet insurance for new business start ups and you could save quite a bit of cash while starting your new business and insuring your new fleet.

    Read More

  25. Any Driver Fleet Insurance | UKLI Compare

    Oct 23, 23 09:45 AM

    Compare any driver fleet insurance quotes from the fleet insurer of your choice and let them handle your vehicle fleet reequipments your searching for today and...

    Read More

  26. Taxi Fleet Insurance Online Quotes | UKLI Compare

    Oct 23, 23 08:45 AM

    Compare taxi fleet insurance quotes in minutes and be on your way to a new taxi policy for 2+ taxis and...

    Read More

  27. Fleet Insurance No Claims Bonus Quotes | UKLI Compare

    Oct 23, 23 07:30 AM

    Fleet insurance no claims bonus policies can be more expensive no matter who you take out a policy with, so get started with a good insurer and the right money.

    Read More

  28. Fleet Insurance Brokers | Business or Family Vehicles | UKLI Compare

    Oct 23, 23 06:53 AM

    Get help with the right fleet insurance brokers who can guide you with your whole fleet vehicles from 2+ vehicles right up to 3000+ vehicle fleets and...

    Read More

  29. Compare Taxi Insurance Quotes and Save a Penny or Two | UKLI Compare

    Oct 23, 23 06:47 AM

    Compare taxi insurance quotes with the best taxi insurers you want to take a policy out with and you could save time and a lot of money taking a quote from.

    Read More

  30. Fleet Management Insurance | UKLI Compare

    Oct 23, 23 06:04 AM

    Compare fleet management insurance quotes and get the right help to manage your small or large vehicle fleet and make sure that...

    Read More