Click here to find a non-resident landlord insurance policy for your property in the UK when you live in another country.

✓ Cover a UK properties while abroad
 Get the right quotes, save time &money
 Professionals, Student Lets, DSS & much more
Protect your UK assets with the right insurer

Compare landlord insurance quotes

Why Use Us?



UKLI COMPARE guarantee your confidence when shopping online by following the latest internet security standards.



At UKLI COMPARE, we've thousands of happy customers returning to find great deals - since 2011.



Using the services here on our website is always free to the consumer 100%.


solar panel quotes

Get your quotes by filling in one simple form, compare prices, and start saving.

Why Use Us?


Secure & Encrypted Form Data

UKLI COMPARE guarantee your confidence by securing online forms by following the latest internet security standards.


Happy Returning Customers

At UKLI COMPARE, we've thousands of happy customers returning to find great deals - since 2011.


100% Free Comparison Service

Using the services here on our website is always free to the consumer 100%.

solar panel quotes

You Could Save Time and Money

Get your quotes by filling in one simple form, compare prices, and start saving.

Non-Resident Landlord Insurance

Non-Resident Landlord Insurance & Overseas

Landlord insurance for non-residents or overseas landlord landlord needs some simplicity to it, and that's why your questions stop here with this guide.

Whatever you are doing with your rental property in the UK, making sure you have it protected while you are abroad keeps things ticking over.

Get the right non-residents insurance for your UK property with an easy quote form.

Cover Your UK Property from Another Country

HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) have all the relevant laws written up for non-residence landlords. These rule cannot be broker, but on the other hand, the HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) are very fair and would forgive you if you put things in order before they get out of hand.

Pay your taxes and you'll never get into trouble when you are an overseas landlord.

What's in this guide?

In this guide, you can learn all about protecting your property while you are overseas and a non-resident of the UK. 


What is a Non-Resident Landlord?

  1. The term," non-resident" is a person that lives outside the UK and pays the HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) taxes back here in the UK.

  2. And remember for not more than six months, which means to be a non-resident you must visit the UK every six months for your application to remain valid.

To get a "non-resident" status you must apply for it.

Non-Resident Landlord Scheme Guidance

Yes, there's a scheme for tenants and landlords and it's a good one and you can get help with any issues you run into as you go through it.

The taxman (HMRC) responds in writing so records are kept up to and concise.

Guidance for Tenants and Landlords

Tenants in the UK

All tenants who pay a landlord rent while there abroad needs to send the HMRC an annual tax return if they pay more than £100 per week in rent money.

Letting Agents Abroad

If you collect rent monies for landlord properties here in the UK you need to declare that, also. You need to tell the HMRC the amount of rent you have collected from Non-resident landlords on your books.

If you are a sole letting agent ( helping a friend or someone in your family) they must declare rental income over £100 per week.

Tax Forms: Non-Resident and Overseas Landlords

Getting things in order is what it's all about and the government here in the UK make things easy for you. They offer you 30 days to register before anyone moves into your renting property here in the UK.

Online Forms You Need:

If you are doing the work for the tenant, both the tenant and the landlord need to report to the HMRC with these forms.

Tenants:  NRLY form

Landlords:  NRL6 form

And send them to this address as you are overseas.

HM Revenue and Customs
Charities, Savings and International Operations S0708
PO Box 203
L69 9AP

Keep this paperwork for as long as you can so you can prove tax payments to the HMRC. Also, save all email back and forth and any other documentation for listed buildings or special circumstance that is written on paper.

Keep documents safe and secure as you may need them one day.

Non-Resident Landlord Buildings Insurance

When you have all your tax form sorted out the next important parts is the overseas landlord buildings insurance, itself. With a foreign landlord insurance policy for the buildings, you are covered for fire and flooding damage while you are in another country.

You are also covered for the following:

  • Arson
  • Water damage
  • Subsidence
  • Earthquake damage
  • Storm damage

Non-Resident Landlord Contents Insurance

And with overseas landlord contents insurance, you cover all the internal aspect of your property while you living overseas. This is an optional cover and landlord who get good rent money, say over £1000 per month should consider contents insurance beside buildings insurance.

Contents insurance covers the following:

  • All fixtures and fittings
  • White goods
  • Furniture landlords own
  • Accidental and malicious damage

Buildings insurance is considered a priority.

Get a non-residence landlord insurance quote...

When you need landlord insurance for non-resident property owners, it’s not always easy to find an insurance company that can help. In fact many landlords struggle with it, but not anymore because we have a system you can use to that get's that job done.

Article: Non-residence landlord insurance:

Buy To Let Insurance

Landlords Insurance Comparison

Hit us up on Social media

Recent Articles

  1. Commercial Solar Panel Installers Scotland | Get Local Quotes

    Feb 26, 24 12:05 PM

    Commercial solar panel installers Scotland | Get the helping hand you need from starting your solar installation right through to the finished result and...

    Read More

  2. Solar Panels for Business & Solar for Business Quotes | UKLI Compare

    Feb 24, 24 08:56 AM

    Get information on solar panels for business and know the score and get local business solar quotes near your business.

    Read More

  3. Solar Panels | Cost of Installation And Savings | UKLI Compare

    Jan 31, 24 03:19 PM

    solar panels
    Learn about solar panels and what they can do for your house or business as renewable energy replacement. And if you need a quote on solar panel installation you can do that here to.

    Read More

  4. Compare Landlord Insurance Quotes - Save Time & Money | UKLI Compare

    Dec 22, 23 10:04 AM

    Compare landlord insurance quotes and adequately cover your assets with buildings and contents insurance, or add extra landlord protection.

    Read More

  5. HGV Insurance for 18 Year Olds | Compare Quotes | UKLI Compare

    Dec 21, 23 05:06 PM

    If you are looking for HGV insurance for 18 year olds it might be a difficult if you don't ask the company. Compare quotes and find out...

    Read More

  6. Commercial Solar Panels | UK's Best Business Solar 2023 | UKLI Compare

    Dec 09, 23 05:14 PM

    Commercial Solar installation
    Commercial solar panels are the efficient way to save your business money from one long-term cost and the government offers tax benefits. Compare quotes with us today and...

    Read More

  7. Commercial Solar Installation London | UKLI Compare Solar

    Nov 09, 23 11:46 AM

    Solar London
    Compare quotes on commercial solar installation in London and get the best possible price and a cost breakdown before you even start talking to serious installers wherever you live in London.

    Read More

  8. Commercial Solar Panels (11-50kw) Systems | UKLI Compare

    Oct 31, 23 10:23 AM

    Commercial solar panels from 11kw 50kw for business premises

    Read More

  9. Landlord Insurance for DSS Tenants | UKLI Compare

    Oct 31, 23 05:13 AM

    Landlord insurance for DSS tenants need certain cover and your luck to had the expert here waiting to help you. Compare quotes and...

    Read More


    Oct 30, 23 08:21 AM


    Read More

  11. Grants for Commercial Solar Panels | UKLI Compare

    Oct 28, 23 06:36 AM

    grants for commercial solar panels
    Here is a detailed guide on grants for commercial solar panels for your small, medium or large business in the UK and...

    Read More

  12. Commercial Solar Quotes | 51kw+

    Oct 27, 23 09:12 AM

    Commercial Solar Quotes | 51kw+

    Read More

  13. Commercial Solar Quotes | 4kw - 10kw

    Oct 27, 23 09:10 AM

    Commercial Solar Quotes | 4kw - 10kw

    Read More

  14. Commercial Solar Quotes | UKLI Compare

    Oct 27, 23 09:01 AM

    Get Commercial Solar Quotes from Local Solar Installers

    Read More

  15. Solar Panel Installation Quote | UKLI Compare

    Oct 26, 23 11:18 AM

    Get your solar panel installation quote from vetting and local installers who can get the job done in smart time and make sure that your a happy chappy.

    Read More

  16. Solar Panel Installation | Home & Commercial Installs | UKLI Compare

    Oct 26, 23 11:03 AM

    Compare solar panel installation quotes and get the best possible price and quality installation practices with the right installers you can count on and...

    Read More

  17. Fleet Insurance Providers | Get The Right Quotes | UKLI Compare

    Oct 26, 23 05:48 AM

    fleet insurance providers

    Read More

  18. Fleet Insurance 21+ Drivers | Get Quotes at UKLI Compare

    Oct 25, 23 07:29 AM

    Calling all business owners with young drivers and need fleet insurance for 21+ employees and...

    Read More

  19. Fleet Insurance 18+ | Fleet Insurance 18 Year Old's | UKLI Compare

    Oct 25, 23 05:47 AM

    Compare fleet insurance 18+ and make it easier for fleet insurance for 18 year old driver's within your business and...

    Read More

  20. Fleet Insurance Birmingham | Compare Quotes | UKLI Compare

    Oct 24, 23 01:25 PM

    When you need fleet insurance in Birmingham and want to save some money for family fleet insurance and even business vehicles you're in the right place for...

    Read More

  21. Fleet Insurance How Does It Work? | UKLI Compare

    Oct 24, 23 12:49 PM

    Question? Fleet insurance how does it work? Let's find out business owners with multiple vehicles and...

    Read More

  22. Fleet Insurance for Business | New or Existing Business | UKLI Compare

    Oct 24, 23 10:22 AM

    Come on in and get brilliant quotes on fleet insurance for business use for all your vehicle requirements, including cars, vans, taxis, HGV's and bike...

    Read More

  23. Student Landlord Insurance - Get Expert Help Here | UKLI Compare

    Oct 24, 23 09:41 AM

    Compare student landlord insurance or student let insurance for tenants and save yourself the bother going...

    Read More

  24. Taxi Fleet Insurance for New Business | UKLI Compare

    Oct 23, 23 10:14 AM

    Compare taxi fleet insurance for new business start ups and you could save quite a bit of cash while starting your new business and insuring your new fleet.

    Read More

  25. Any Driver Fleet Insurance | UKLI Compare

    Oct 23, 23 09:45 AM

    Compare any driver fleet insurance quotes from the fleet insurer of your choice and let them handle your vehicle fleet reequipments your searching for today and...

    Read More

  26. Taxi Fleet Insurance Online Quotes | UKLI Compare

    Oct 23, 23 08:45 AM

    Compare taxi fleet insurance quotes in minutes and be on your way to a new taxi policy for 2+ taxis and...

    Read More

  27. Fleet Insurance No Claims Bonus Quotes | UKLI Compare

    Oct 23, 23 07:30 AM

    Fleet insurance no claims bonus policies can be more expensive no matter who you take out a policy with, so get started with a good insurer and the right money.

    Read More

  28. Fleet Insurance Brokers | Business or Family Vehicles | UKLI Compare

    Oct 23, 23 06:53 AM

    Get help with the right fleet insurance brokers who can guide you with your whole fleet vehicles from 2+ vehicles right up to 3000+ vehicle fleets and...

    Read More

  29. Compare Taxi Insurance Quotes and Save a Penny or Two | UKLI Compare

    Oct 23, 23 06:47 AM

    Compare taxi insurance quotes with the best taxi insurers you want to take a policy out with and you could save time and a lot of money taking a quote from.

    Read More

  30. Fleet Management Insurance | UKLI Compare

    Oct 23, 23 06:04 AM

    Compare fleet management insurance quotes and get the right help to manage your small or large vehicle fleet and make sure that...

    Read More