let the experts help you with block of flats landlord insurance

Click here to compare block of flats insurance quotes with the best names in the game.

Multi-property discounts available.

✓ Building, contents and accidental damage
Compare quotes, save time and money
 Professionals, Student Lets, DSS & much more
Protect your assets with the right cover

Compare landlord insurance quotes

Why Use Us?



UKLI COMPARE guarantee your confidence when shopping online by following the latest internet security standards.



At UKLI COMPARE, we've thousands of happy customers returning to find great deals - since 2011.



Using the services here on our website is always free to the consumer 100%.


solar panel quotes

Get your quotes by filling in one simple form, compare prices, and start saving.

Why Use Us?


Secure & Encrypted Form Data

UKLI COMPARE guarantee your confidence by securing online forms by following the latest internet security standards.


Happy Returning Customers

At UKLI COMPARE, we've thousands of happy customers returning to find great deals - since 2011.


100% Free Comparison Service

Using the services here on our website is always free to the consumer 100%.

solar panel quotes

You Could Save Time and Money

Get your quotes by filling in one simple form, compare prices, and start saving.

Landlord Insurance Block of Flats

Guide on landlord insurance for a block of flats*

Purpose-built blocks, as well as house conversions often represent a significant investment for landlords, freeholders, investors/developers, property management companies, and the likes.

  • That's why you need an appropriate cover to protect your investment against the unexpected. A block of flats can't be insured by the standard landlord insurance as there are much more areas of insurance to consider.

  • On the other hand, having multiple landlord insurance policies for each property will just be too expensive. This is where a landlord insurance block of flats comes in. It can provide financial protection against range perils, as discussed below.

  • This policy is usually provided on a reinstatement basis, meaning the insurer will restore the building to its original state before the insured event occurred.

What's covered with a block of flats insurance?

First off, every block of flats insurance needs are not the same, and there's no 'one cover fits all' policy. There are two types of flats: houses that have been converted into flats and purpose-built flats.

This means that insurance policies may differ.

Luckily, insurers often tailor this policy to one's requirements so they are covered only for what they need, and not end up paying for a cover they don't need.

That being said, here's what standard block of flats insurance policy will typically cover:

The physical building: A block of flats is a large space that is likely to incur damage at any time. Plus, tenants expect you to complete any necessary repairs as fast as possible. This policy will pay for structural damage due to an insured peril.

Some of the common perils include fire, theft, impact by vehicles or animals, lightning, water damage, theft, vandalism, etc. A total loss is the worst nightmare, but one you must prepare for. This policy will pay for the replacement of your flats in case they are completely destroyed by a covered peril.

Alternative accommodation: If your property becomes uninhabitable due to a covered peril, this policy will cover the cost of finding alternative accommodation for our tenant(s).

Property owners' liability: Covers you against any liability charges made against you due to your negligence as the flat owner/landlord/manager.

Employers' liability: Covers any persons employed to clean or maintain the flats.

Flats' contents: If you rent out your flat with furnishings, fixtures, fittings, and the likes, the policy will cover your contents against insured risks.

Communal contents: Covers items in the communal area, which ensures no ambiguity with communal spaces.

Loss of rent due to unoccupancy following an insured risk

Optional extras

Additional risks can also be covered on request at additional cost, of course.

This includes legal expenses, terrorism, engineering damage, floods, subsidence, lift inspection and breakdown insurance, accidental damage, and so on.

Conditions to look out for

Some block of flats insurance policies are derived from generic property owners' policies and don't contain enough wording to meet landlords needs.

Here are a few key areas you should watch out for:

  • Types and percentages of occupants the policy covers

  • Does the unoccupancy section have enough wording to cover you due to unavoidable circumstances?

  • Policy warranties/conditions: Ensure they are practical

  • Inspection of unoccupied flats

  • The amount of cover for alternative accommodation –consider the fact that flats differ in sizes

  • Flats can take several months or years to rebuild. Does the policy have a time limit on the period of indemnity?

  • Availability of loss of rent cover

  • Waste storage and removal cover

This is simply a guide; it's important to read and understand your policy before committing to it.

Your options*

  1. Compare landlord insurance for a block of flats and find the right policy.

  2. Or go to our homepage for more insurance comparisons.

Buy To Let Insurance

Landlords Insurance Comparison

Hit us up on Social media

Recent Articles

  1. Commercial Solar Panel Installers Scotland | Get Local Quotes

    Feb 26, 24 12:05 PM

    Commercial solar panel installers Scotland | Get the helping hand you need from starting your solar installation right through to the finished result and...

    Read More

  2. Solar Panels for Business & Solar for Business Quotes | UKLI Compare

    Feb 24, 24 08:56 AM

    Get information on solar panels for business and know the score and get local business solar quotes near your business.

    Read More

  3. Solar Panels | Cost of Installation And Savings | UKLI Compare

    Jan 31, 24 03:19 PM

    solar panels
    Learn about solar panels and what they can do for your house or business as renewable energy replacement. And if you need a quote on solar panel installation you can do that here to.

    Read More

  4. Compare Landlord Insurance Quotes - Save Time & Money | UKLI Compare

    Dec 22, 23 10:04 AM

    Compare landlord insurance quotes and adequately cover your assets with buildings and contents insurance, or add extra landlord protection.

    Read More

  5. HGV Insurance for 18 Year Olds | Compare Quotes | UKLI Compare

    Dec 21, 23 05:06 PM

    If you are looking for HGV insurance for 18 year olds it might be a difficult if you don't ask the company. Compare quotes and find out...

    Read More

  6. Commercial Solar Panels | UK's Best Business Solar 2023 | UKLI Compare

    Dec 09, 23 05:14 PM

    Commercial Solar installation
    Commercial solar panels are the efficient way to save your business money from one long-term cost and the government offers tax benefits. Compare quotes with us today and...

    Read More

  7. Commercial Solar Installation London | UKLI Compare Solar

    Nov 09, 23 11:46 AM

    Solar London
    Compare quotes on commercial solar installation in London and get the best possible price and a cost breakdown before you even start talking to serious installers wherever you live in London.

    Read More

  8. Commercial Solar Panels (11-50kw) Systems | UKLI Compare

    Oct 31, 23 10:23 AM

    Commercial solar panels from 11kw 50kw for business premises

    Read More

  9. Landlord Insurance for DSS Tenants | UKLI Compare

    Oct 31, 23 05:13 AM

    Landlord insurance for DSS tenants need certain cover and your luck to had the expert here waiting to help you. Compare quotes and...

    Read More


    Oct 30, 23 08:21 AM


    Read More

  11. Grants for Commercial Solar Panels | UKLI Compare

    Oct 28, 23 06:36 AM

    grants for commercial solar panels
    Here is a detailed guide on grants for commercial solar panels for your small, medium or large business in the UK and...

    Read More

  12. Commercial Solar Quotes | 51kw+

    Oct 27, 23 09:12 AM

    Commercial Solar Quotes | 51kw+

    Read More

  13. Commercial Solar Quotes | 4kw - 10kw

    Oct 27, 23 09:10 AM

    Commercial Solar Quotes | 4kw - 10kw

    Read More

  14. Commercial Solar Quotes | UKLI Compare

    Oct 27, 23 09:01 AM

    Get Commercial Solar Quotes from Local Solar Installers

    Read More

  15. Solar Panel Installation Quote | UKLI Compare

    Oct 26, 23 11:18 AM

    Get your solar panel installation quote from vetting and local installers who can get the job done in smart time and make sure that your a happy chappy.

    Read More

  16. Solar Panel Installation | Home & Commercial Installs | UKLI Compare

    Oct 26, 23 11:03 AM

    Compare solar panel installation quotes and get the best possible price and quality installation practices with the right installers you can count on and...

    Read More

  17. Fleet Insurance Providers | Get The Right Quotes | UKLI Compare

    Oct 26, 23 05:48 AM

    fleet insurance providers

    Read More

  18. Fleet Insurance 21+ Drivers | Get Quotes at UKLI Compare

    Oct 25, 23 07:29 AM

    Calling all business owners with young drivers and need fleet insurance for 21+ employees and...

    Read More

  19. Fleet Insurance 18+ | Fleet Insurance 18 Year Old's | UKLI Compare

    Oct 25, 23 05:47 AM

    Compare fleet insurance 18+ and make it easier for fleet insurance for 18 year old driver's within your business and...

    Read More

  20. Fleet Insurance Birmingham | Compare Quotes | UKLI Compare

    Oct 24, 23 01:25 PM

    When you need fleet insurance in Birmingham and want to save some money for family fleet insurance and even business vehicles you're in the right place for...

    Read More

  21. Fleet Insurance How Does It Work? | UKLI Compare

    Oct 24, 23 12:49 PM

    Question? Fleet insurance how does it work? Let's find out business owners with multiple vehicles and...

    Read More

  22. Fleet Insurance for Business | New or Existing Business | UKLI Compare

    Oct 24, 23 10:22 AM

    Come on in and get brilliant quotes on fleet insurance for business use for all your vehicle requirements, including cars, vans, taxis, HGV's and bike...

    Read More

  23. Student Landlord Insurance - Get Expert Help Here | UKLI Compare

    Oct 24, 23 09:41 AM

    Compare student landlord insurance or student let insurance for tenants and save yourself the bother going...

    Read More

  24. Taxi Fleet Insurance for New Business | UKLI Compare

    Oct 23, 23 10:14 AM

    Compare taxi fleet insurance for new business start ups and you could save quite a bit of cash while starting your new business and insuring your new fleet.

    Read More

  25. Any Driver Fleet Insurance | UKLI Compare

    Oct 23, 23 09:45 AM

    Compare any driver fleet insurance quotes from the fleet insurer of your choice and let them handle your vehicle fleet reequipments your searching for today and...

    Read More

  26. Taxi Fleet Insurance Online Quotes | UKLI Compare

    Oct 23, 23 08:45 AM

    Compare taxi fleet insurance quotes in minutes and be on your way to a new taxi policy for 2+ taxis and...

    Read More

  27. Fleet Insurance No Claims Bonus Quotes | UKLI Compare

    Oct 23, 23 07:30 AM

    Fleet insurance no claims bonus policies can be more expensive no matter who you take out a policy with, so get started with a good insurer and the right money.

    Read More

  28. Fleet Insurance Brokers | Business or Family Vehicles | UKLI Compare

    Oct 23, 23 06:53 AM

    Get help with the right fleet insurance brokers who can guide you with your whole fleet vehicles from 2+ vehicles right up to 3000+ vehicle fleets and...

    Read More

  29. Compare Taxi Insurance Quotes and Save a Penny or Two | UKLI Compare

    Oct 23, 23 06:47 AM

    Compare taxi insurance quotes with the best taxi insurers you want to take a policy out with and you could save time and a lot of money taking a quote from.

    Read More

  30. Fleet Management Insurance | UKLI Compare

    Oct 23, 23 06:04 AM

    Compare fleet management insurance quotes and get the right help to manage your small or large vehicle fleet and make sure that...

    Read More