Landlord Insurance for a Leaking Roof
✔️ One short form to complete
✔️ Guaranteed better prices
✔️ Any property or tenant type
✔️ The best insurers are here!
THE LANDLORD INSURERS
YOU NEED ARE HERE!
Why foresight matters in a landlord insurance for a leaking roof?
Having a leaking roof is one of the most widespread causes for water related damage in a property, which is a fairly common occurrence throughout the rainy seasons - especially in houses that still have old fashioned tiled roofs.
- As such, a fairly common question in the mind of landlords around the UK is whether they need a specific landlord insurance for a leaking roof.
The straightforward answer to this question is an absolute maybe: it always depends on your policy, which in turn depends on your insurance company.
Most important - you must keep in mind, at all times when dealing with any landlord insurance company, to ask what would happen in specific situations such as a leaking roof.
Failing to do so, you’ll more than likely set yourself up for trouble. Let’s clarify this matter in the following sections.
Will you need specific landlord insurance for a leaking roof?
Most landlord insurance now available has a base policy that covers unexpected damages to your property, including water damage. However, the extent of your cover will depend on your initial specifications and how high of a premium you’re willing to pay.
- Most insurance companies will gladly cut corners to provide you a reasonable bill, but only at the expense of subsequent protection. In life as in landlord insurance, you always get what you pay for!
For example, depending on your policy and the covers you choose, you may get landlord insurance for a leaking roof that will indeed cover the cost of repairing a leaky roof.
- But not for the damage caused to the contents, unless you specifically have requested a landlord contents insurance cover.
- Conversely, other insurance companies may phrase their policy in a
way that only provides coverage for a leaky roof under specific
circumstances, such as damage caused as direct result of adverse weather
and not damages caused by negligence in maintenance.
This is something crucial that all landlords should keep in mind: all
insurance policies use very precise wording that must be analyzed
carefully in order to fully understand the scope of the provided
- Since it can sometimes be tricky to work through the
semantics in your policy, we recommend that you make sure to clear away
any questions you may have in advance.
- You should do so by
reaching out to your insurance provider and posing specific hypothetical
scenarios and ask what would happen in such a situation.
Making sure you have landlord insurance for a leaking roof?
Keeping the above in mind, you must exercise your foresight at all times, in order to safeguard your interests - especially when dealing with a landlord insurance company.
- Do not allow yourself to be swayed by the emotional appeal of your insurance agent; always make sure to be very rational and carefully consider the implications of every statement in your policy.
A simple way to make sure you effectively have landlord insurance for a leaking roof is to simply ask about it by posing very specific hypothetical questions. Just ask “What would happen if there would be damage caused by leaking roof, for example?
- How would the evaluation process pan out? What kind of cover would I need to ensure a full compensation? What would happen if there were damages to my furniture? Am I expected to submit photos of my roof, to prove it’s adequately maintained at the time when I sign the policy? Is there anything else I need to know?”
The more precise your questions are, the less leeway there will be for subjective interpretations that may work against you, in the event there is indeed damage from a leaking roof.
Exercise your foresight and you’ll keep yourself from experiencing a good deal of stress, down the line.
Do you want a quote?
Get landlord insurance for a leaking roof and cover that very expensive repair or replacement roof.
Sign up? We'll remind you when it's time to renew, so you can compare again!*
We'll remind you when it's time to
renew, so you can compare again!