the easy way to secure Landlord Insurance for Listed Buildings

Click here to secure landlord insurance for listed buildings by letting the expert help you every step of the way - click here now.

✓ Cover listed buildings with a good insurer
Compare quotes, save time and money
 Professionals, Student Lets, DSS & much more
Protect your assets with the right cover

Compare landlord insurance quotes

Why Use Us?



UKLI COMPARE guarantee your confidence when shopping online by following the latest internet security standards.



At UKLI COMPARE, we've thousands of happy customers returning to find great deals - since 2011.



Using the services here on our website is always free to the consumer 100%.


solar panel quotes

Get your quotes by filling in one simple form, compare prices, and start saving.

Why Use Us?


Secure & Encrypted Form Data

UKLI COMPARE guarantee your confidence by securing online forms by following the latest internet security standards.


Happy Returning Customers

At UKLI COMPARE, we've thousands of happy customers returning to find great deals - since 2011.


100% Free Comparison Service

Using the services here on our website is always free to the consumer 100%.

solar panel quotes

You Could Save Time and Money

Get your quotes by filling in one simple form, compare prices, and start saving.

Landlord insurance for listed buildings

All about landlord insurance for listed buildings

Every landlord requires adequate buildings insurance to protect them financially.

However, when their property is a listed building, a comprehensive, commercial listed building insurance policy will be even more of a necessity.

After all, carrying out repairs on a listed building can be very costly because of the types of materials needed to keep the original aesthetic of the property intact. commercial listed building insurance

If you are a landlord who owns a listed building and need to find the right insurance cover for your particular property, read this guide for further details.

What is a Listed Building?

A listed building is considered to be of historical interest or special architectural importance. This type of property is usually of national interest due to its uniqueness, age, or aesthetic appeal.

As the owner of a listed building, you are obliged to seek permission from your local council if you wish to make any alterations, such as adding an extension, to the property. There are three types of listed buildings categorised into the following:

  • Grade I: for buildings of special interest (mostly churches)
  • Grade II: (the most common type) for buildings of special interest, with every effort made to preserve their original features
  • Grade II*: important buildings that are more than of special interest, (Albion House in Liverpool, Trellick Tower in London, and Shibden Hall in Halifax, to name a few examples)
Get a quote now >

Do I Need Listed Building Landlord Insurance?

Unlike a specialised policy that offers full cover for a listed building, a standard commercial listed building insurance policy for landlords won’t offer adequate protection.

  1. So you may end up having to pay for the expensive repairs or renovations of your property out of your own pocket.

  2. This is especially true if your building is of non-traditional construction or has unique features, such as a thatched roof or sash windows.

Is Landlord Insurance for Listed Buildings Expensive?

Listed building insurance is more expensive than the standard cover due to the unique materials and techniques required for preserving the look of the property.

  • You can never guess the average cost of listed building insurance, as all listed buildings are so different in value, size and if you run a business from it, that's another story.
  • As an owner of such building, you are legally obliged to carry out the necessary repairs in order to prevent your property from damage, so you’ll need to claim on your policy, which means the premiums will be more expensive.

What is the Best Landlord Insurance Policy for Listed Buildings?

Listed property insurance for landlords is specifically designed to cover for vandalism, accidental and malicious damage. But there is much more that must be included in a listed building insurance cover.

Your listed house should be protected against any possible eventualities in the form of comprehensive cover; otherwise you could face hefty repair costs.

Your comprehensive insurance policy should also include the following:

  • Property owners liability
  • Loss of rent
  • Structural damage
  • Buildings insurance, which protects your house and its outbuildings from floods, fires, burst pipes, electrical faults, and accidental damage, such as a broken window or spilled wine on the carpet
  • Contents insurance, only applicable if you are letting a furnished property.
  • Unoccupied property, applicable if the property has been empty for longer than a month.
  • Subsidence
  • Legal costs, this policy covers the legal expenses that relate to disputes between landlords and tenants

Compare deals on landlord insurance for listed buildings*

  • If you own a historic or architecturally significant building, the best thing you can do is to compare landlord insurance deals online.

  • Remember that the cheapest quote isn’t always the best as it may not offer you adequate cover.

  • While it is difficult to determine which landlord insurance policy is the best on the market, it is important to choose the right cover that fits your budget and needs.

If you would like a quote for landlord insurance for listed buildings, you can compare commercial listed building insurance prices here.

Get a quote now >

Other resources on listed buildings

Learn more about listed buildings on the Historic England website.

Link to new window:

In case you missed something from Historic England, try the Ipic website about listed buildings.

Link to new window:

Buy To Let Insurance

Landlords Insurance Comparison

Hit us up on Social media

Recent Articles

  1. Commercial Solar Panel Installers Scotland | Get Local Quotes

    Feb 26, 24 12:05 PM

    Commercial solar panel installers Scotland | Get the helping hand you need from starting your solar installation right through to the finished result and...

    Read More

  2. Solar Panels for Business & Solar for Business Quotes | UKLI Compare

    Feb 24, 24 08:56 AM

    Get information on solar panels for business and know the score and get local business solar quotes near your business.

    Read More

  3. Solar Panels | Cost of Installation And Savings | UKLI Compare

    Jan 31, 24 03:19 PM

    solar panels
    Learn about solar panels and what they can do for your house or business as renewable energy replacement. And if you need a quote on solar panel installation you can do that here to.

    Read More

  4. Compare Landlord Insurance Quotes - Save Time & Money | UKLI Compare

    Dec 22, 23 10:04 AM

    Compare landlord insurance quotes and adequately cover your assets with buildings and contents insurance, or add extra landlord protection.

    Read More

  5. HGV Insurance for 18 Year Olds | Compare Quotes | UKLI Compare

    Dec 21, 23 05:06 PM

    If you are looking for HGV insurance for 18 year olds it might be a difficult if you don't ask the company. Compare quotes and find out...

    Read More

  6. Commercial Solar Panels | UK's Best Business Solar 2023 | UKLI Compare

    Dec 09, 23 05:14 PM

    Commercial Solar installation
    Commercial solar panels are the efficient way to save your business money from one long-term cost and the government offers tax benefits. Compare quotes with us today and...

    Read More

  7. Commercial Solar Installation London | UKLI Compare Solar

    Nov 09, 23 11:46 AM

    Solar London
    Compare quotes on commercial solar installation in London and get the best possible price and a cost breakdown before you even start talking to serious installers wherever you live in London.

    Read More

  8. Commercial Solar Panels (11-50kw) Systems | UKLI Compare

    Oct 31, 23 10:23 AM

    Commercial solar panels from 11kw 50kw for business premises

    Read More

  9. Landlord Insurance for DSS Tenants | UKLI Compare

    Oct 31, 23 05:13 AM

    Landlord insurance for DSS tenants need certain cover and your luck to had the expert here waiting to help you. Compare quotes and...

    Read More


    Oct 30, 23 08:21 AM


    Read More

  11. Grants for Commercial Solar Panels | UKLI Compare

    Oct 28, 23 06:36 AM

    grants for commercial solar panels
    Here is a detailed guide on grants for commercial solar panels for your small, medium or large business in the UK and...

    Read More

  12. Commercial Solar Quotes | 51kw+

    Oct 27, 23 09:12 AM

    Commercial Solar Quotes | 51kw+

    Read More

  13. Commercial Solar Quotes | 4kw - 10kw

    Oct 27, 23 09:10 AM

    Commercial Solar Quotes | 4kw - 10kw

    Read More

  14. Commercial Solar Quotes | UKLI Compare

    Oct 27, 23 09:01 AM

    Get Commercial Solar Quotes from Local Solar Installers

    Read More

  15. Solar Panel Installation Quote | UKLI Compare

    Oct 26, 23 11:18 AM

    Get your solar panel installation quote from vetting and local installers who can get the job done in smart time and make sure that your a happy chappy.

    Read More

  16. Solar Panel Installation | Home & Commercial Installs | UKLI Compare

    Oct 26, 23 11:03 AM

    Compare solar panel installation quotes and get the best possible price and quality installation practices with the right installers you can count on and...

    Read More

  17. Fleet Insurance Providers | Get The Right Quotes | UKLI Compare

    Oct 26, 23 05:48 AM

    fleet insurance providers

    Read More

  18. Fleet Insurance 21+ Drivers | Get Quotes at UKLI Compare

    Oct 25, 23 07:29 AM

    Calling all business owners with young drivers and need fleet insurance for 21+ employees and...

    Read More

  19. Fleet Insurance 18+ | Fleet Insurance 18 Year Old's | UKLI Compare

    Oct 25, 23 05:47 AM

    Compare fleet insurance 18+ and make it easier for fleet insurance for 18 year old driver's within your business and...

    Read More

  20. Fleet Insurance Birmingham | Compare Quotes | UKLI Compare

    Oct 24, 23 01:25 PM

    When you need fleet insurance in Birmingham and want to save some money for family fleet insurance and even business vehicles you're in the right place for...

    Read More

  21. Fleet Insurance How Does It Work? | UKLI Compare

    Oct 24, 23 12:49 PM

    Question? Fleet insurance how does it work? Let's find out business owners with multiple vehicles and...

    Read More

  22. Fleet Insurance for Business | New or Existing Business | UKLI Compare

    Oct 24, 23 10:22 AM

    Come on in and get brilliant quotes on fleet insurance for business use for all your vehicle requirements, including cars, vans, taxis, HGV's and bike...

    Read More

  23. Student Landlord Insurance - Get Expert Help Here | UKLI Compare

    Oct 24, 23 09:41 AM

    Compare student landlord insurance or student let insurance for tenants and save yourself the bother going...

    Read More

  24. Taxi Fleet Insurance for New Business | UKLI Compare

    Oct 23, 23 10:14 AM

    Compare taxi fleet insurance for new business start ups and you could save quite a bit of cash while starting your new business and insuring your new fleet.

    Read More

  25. Any Driver Fleet Insurance | UKLI Compare

    Oct 23, 23 09:45 AM

    Compare any driver fleet insurance quotes from the fleet insurer of your choice and let them handle your vehicle fleet reequipments your searching for today and...

    Read More

  26. Taxi Fleet Insurance Online Quotes | UKLI Compare

    Oct 23, 23 08:45 AM

    Compare taxi fleet insurance quotes in minutes and be on your way to a new taxi policy for 2+ taxis and...

    Read More

  27. Fleet Insurance No Claims Bonus Quotes | UKLI Compare

    Oct 23, 23 07:30 AM

    Fleet insurance no claims bonus policies can be more expensive no matter who you take out a policy with, so get started with a good insurer and the right money.

    Read More

  28. Fleet Insurance Brokers | Business or Family Vehicles | UKLI Compare

    Oct 23, 23 06:53 AM

    Get help with the right fleet insurance brokers who can guide you with your whole fleet vehicles from 2+ vehicles right up to 3000+ vehicle fleets and...

    Read More

  29. Compare Taxi Insurance Quotes and Save a Penny or Two | UKLI Compare

    Oct 23, 23 06:47 AM

    Compare taxi insurance quotes with the best taxi insurers you want to take a policy out with and you could save time and a lot of money taking a quote from.

    Read More

  30. Fleet Management Insurance | UKLI Compare

    Oct 23, 23 06:04 AM

    Compare fleet management insurance quotes and get the right help to manage your small or large vehicle fleet and make sure that...

    Read More