Why You Need Campervan Insurance?
There are many reasons why you need campervan insurance, just as much as you need. Insurance for any other type of motorised vehicle. In today’s world, you need to make sure that you have insurance, as it is required for anyone driving, almost anywhere you live in the world.
If you are driving without insurance, and get into an accident, or pulled over for any reason, your campervan can be confiscated, and in the case of an accident, you may find yourself behind bars.
Having enough campervan insurance is just as important as having it in general and for many reasons.
Why You Need Campervan Insurance in The UK?
- You need to have coverage against accidents, which is called liability insurance. You should also get injury coverage, for not just you, but anyone else injured in the accident. You also need to have uninsured driver insurance, because even if you have insurance, doesn’t mean others do.
- If another driver causes the accident, they don’t have insurance or not enough you are still covered. Even if you don’t have an accident per se, you also need good breakdown insurance, which will cover many sides of the road expenses.
Replacement Campervan Cover
In many ways, a campervan is your home on wheels; it carries your family, your pets, as well as many of your belongings. You need to make sure that you have coverage for your belongings, your family and pets, as well as replacement coverage in case the damage is beyond repair.
- You should also have some kind of emergency coverage, in case you have to stay in a hotel or rent a car while your caravan is being repaired or replaced.
- You also have a choice when it comes to excess claims, which is the amount you have to pay for the insurance itself kicks in.
- If you never want to worry about out of pocket expenses while you are on the road, then you want a policy with the lowest deductible, however, your premiums are going to be much higher.
Road Traffic Act 1988
- According to the Road Traffic Act 1988, you must have insurance to drive on the road in the UK. Without it, you are basically screwed if the police stop you and you have no insurance because they’ll take the van from you.
- They can take it away completely, but they do offer some time to collect it with a nasty fine and a high bill for the transport company who picked up the van with police permission.
- Stay on the right path of the Road Traffic Act 1988 because it’s not worth the hassle and insurance is a good thing when you need to make a claim or claim someone’s else policy.
Fire and Theft - If It Happens!
- If your van accidentally goes on fire or a car (or campervan) thief steals it, then you will be covered as long as you told the truth when you took your policy out.
- If you didn’t tell the truth you could be liable for the cost to repair your campervan and you will be prosecuted because you have no insurance.
- You could get 6 points at court or you could get banned from driving for 6 to 12 months, so is it worth the hassle?
The reason you need campervan insurance is to stay clear of the law so get an online quote here and stay safe on trips away or abroad.
Get the full view on this here: https://www.campervanlife.com/conversions/legal-information/
Return to the main campervan insurance homepage.
Sign up to our newsletter